Saturday, August 24, 2013

Review: Predator's Kiss (Gemini Island Shifters #1) by Rosanna Leo (@LeoRosanna)

Author: Rosanna Leo Series: Gemini Island Shifters Book: # 1 Genre: Paranormal, Shifters, Contemporary Heat Level: 2 Words: 54,000 Content Notes: Spicy Publication Date: 5/20/2013Bear shifter Ryland Snow just wants peace. The peace and quiet afforded him at his woodsy retreat, the Ursa Fishing Lodge. As owner of the lodge, Ryland enjoys the tranquil life he’s created among his fellow shifters. He lives to maintain a safe haven for them, away from meddlesome human eyes.When his rock star brother arrives, bringing trouble in the form of a possible hitman, Ryland is incensed. He’s been cleaning up Soren’s messes as long as he can remember, and is tired of his brother’s lecherous exploits.Things go from bad to worse when Lia Goodblood stumbles upon Ryland and his lodge. Yes, the reclusive erotica author is easy on the eyes, but the human woman is more trouble than she’s worth. To say nothing of her bizarre fear of furry creatures.Ryland determines to rid himself of her presence. But when he learns she’s on the run from a crazed fan, Ryland’s protective bear instincts flare. And the bear won’t be denied.Buy Links Liquid Silver Books  |  Amazon  |  B&N My Thoughts  Predator’s Kiss by Rosanna Leo was such a cute, funny, and sexy bear shifter tale that I couldn’t get enough of! I haven’t read that many paranormal romance novels featuring bear shifters, but I am totally in love and want a bear shifter of my own now. Rosanna, can you please send me a Ryland? Pretty please? :)From the beginning, I just knew that this was a type of read I was going to enjoy from start to finish and I certainly did. There was a nice blend of romance, suspense, humor, and a sprinkle of action with a good pacing to go along with it. I also really adored the main characters Ryland and Lia. Here was this big bear shifter and this petite human erotica romance author (who has a fear of furry animals by the way) and you wouldn’t think that would fit together, but they complemented each other well. I also liked that Ryland and Lia didn’t jump into bed right after meeting each other. There was a nice buildup and anticipation and when they both finally gave in to the temptation let me just say that it was very sexy. The thing Ryland did to Lia with that jar of honey was oh-so-hot! Aside from the main characters the secondary characters definitely made an impression on me too especially Ryland’s rockstar musician brother Soren. He definitely is someone I would love to read more of and get to know better. He was quite the character. Soren was responsible for most of my laugh out loud moments while reading this book and for that I took an instant liking to him. What can I say? I love a man who can make me laugh (in real life and in fiction). I can’t wait to read his story and see what kind of woman will bring him to his knees.Overall, Predator’s Kiss was a very entertaining read that I found myself enjoying a lot. Having not read a Rosanna Leo book before, Predator’s Kiss was a fabulous introduction to Rosanna Leo’s writing. I found her writing style and voice to be easily engaging. Without a doubt, she’ll be an author who I will be reading more of in the future. Now, I need to get my hands on Soren’s book ASAP!Memorable Scene:She frowned. “I can’t tell if you’re feverish like this. Bend over.”“Pardon?” he asked, highly amused even though his queasiness.She smirked. “Wrong choice of words. I wasn’t planning on taking your ass temperature. I meant crouch lower for me. You’re so damn tall.”Ryland crouched, narrowing his eyes in suspicion.Once his face was at level with hers, Lia leaned in and dropped a soft, lingering kiss on his forehead. His already lambent temperature soared. “What did you do that for?”“Didn’t anyone ever check your temperature that way?” she replied softly. “The lips are more sensitive to heat.”Ryland stared at her lips. “I’m not sick, Lia.”Her gaze dropped to his lips as well. Her eyes fluttered. “Then what are you?”A low growl sounded deep inside him, building in intensity and need. He raised himself to his full height and pulled her body flush against his. “I’m hungry.”Ryland leaned over and covered her mouth in his as the animal inside him fought for release.Copyright © 2013 by Rosanna LeoMy Rating ★★★★ Stars*I received a review copy from the author in exchange or an honest review.
Source:http://ninasliteraryescape.blogspot.com/2013/08/review-predators-kiss-gemini-island.html

Review: Predator's Kiss (Gemini Island Shifters #1) by Rosanna Leo (@LeoRosanna) Images

Manic Readers - Liquid Silver Books - THE source for books, reviews ...
(110 x 147 - 5.07 KB - jpeg)

Banks - Google+
(696 x 480 - 54.72 KB - jpeg)

No comments:

Post a Comment